Sunday, February 13, 2011

Butterfly Pin Card

I made this card using the Beautiful Butterflies Sizzix Bigz Die #114507 from the Stampin' Up! IB&C.  After using the Big Shot and cutting 2 of the largest butterfly I glued them together and then stamped it with Staz On Ink using the clear stamp set Elements of Style #120045.  I used Rose Red and Old Olive Markers and Blender pens to color in the Butterfly.  Then I used #107066 Color Spritzer Tool to fill in the blank spaces with just a little splattered look.  When I was done with the stamping, spritzing and sponging the edges I used Crystal Effects over it.  When it was dry, I waited til the next day.  I added a pin on the back so that I could wear it.  I attached it to this card a made so that you could give it as a card/gift and they would have the pin to wear once they saw the card.  

Here is a view of the inside of the card.  

 Here you can see how it is attached to the card.  I used a hole punch to punch the holes to attach it.

 Here is a close up of the butterfly. Sorry it's a little blurry, but it was the best my camera would do.  I hope to have a class on this card soon!! 

4 comments:

Cahos' Chaos said...

Cool Idea! Following already thru SC. TFS and God Bless.

Diana
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Belinda Keller said...

Oh my goodness I love this card. Its so girly! Following you via SC. TFS.

Belinda
www.studiobeedesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and great idea making the pin!!!
Thank you for the info regarding the embossing folder. I had just finally found it when I got your message!! Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing many more beautiful cards and projects your team produces!!
Judy

Carrie Sampsel said...

Beautiful card. I love all the detail!!
www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com