Thursday, February 10, 2011

colour Q challenge

I finally tried one of Color Q challenges.  I had a card swap last night with my downline at our meeting.  I was having problems coming up with a card and decided to go to colour Q website and these were the colors they were using this week.  It's crumb cake, pretty in pink, pink pirouette, whisper white and blushing bride (which I did not use).  The swaps theme was something from the Stampin' Up!  Occasions Mini Catalog or the Sale-a-bration catalog.  I used Bliss #123217 from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  If you would like to know how to earn this set for FREE just email (jnrsjones@cox.net) and I will be happy to help you out. 

I actually did 2 very similar cards.  On the one above, one butterfly has dazzling diamonds.

  On this card the butterflies have Stampin' Up! Basic Pearls Jewels #119247.   I ended up making the one with the pearls.  I used organza (needs to be synthetic material, you can use satin, but takes much longer to heat up) to make the little flower.  Using the circles #2 Sizzix die #114526 I used the smaller 3 circles and cut 3 of each of the circles out of the material.  I used the crop-a-dile #108362 to punch a hole in the middle and then added the pink rhinestone brad #109110 in the middle.  Once that was done and it was ok that the circles were not all lined up, in fact, it was easier this way.  I applied heat with the heat tool #100005.  The flower begins to take shape super fast using this tool.  Please use some tweezers or something to hold the flower down while applying heat.  Also note ** do not touch the brad until it has cooled down**.  Yes, that is from experience.  I was trying to flatten one of the layers and my finger touched the brad and ouch!!    

I also used the Color Spritz Tool #107066 to add the little dots since we no longer have itty bitty stamp set.  I thought that added a nice little touch.  Then I sponged the edges and viola my swap card. 

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card, Norma. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Unknown said...

Cute card! I'm following you and thank for following me. Cute blog!

Unknown said...

cute card! I'm following you 2!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!