Sunday, March 11, 2012

March Birthday Gift

I had to make another birthday gift for a celebration yesterday.  I had an idea of what I wanted to make, but just needed to do it.  Between getting ready for a  ladies group meeting, a downline meeting, a club meeting, volunteering, Bunco (2 of them this week) and of course housework, I had to make a gift. 

This is what I came up with:


For me it's all about the packaging.  I mean the gift is important, but I want it to look good and I just don't want to put it in a bag, even though sometimes I have to because I run out of time.  So, I knew I wanted to make this little "Bento Box" that I saw.  It was made out of fabric, but when I saw it, I thought I can make that out of cardstock.  So, it was the size of a lunch box, because that is what a Bento Box is.  It looks like this: 


I found this on Pinterest, of course!  I went to the Blog and then made it into a box out of cardstock.  Of course it is like 1/3 of the size and does NOT have the inserts because I did not need them and voila this is what I came up with.


No, I did not use the  Box#2 die...did not even think about it at the time (midnight) when I was working on this.  To give myself credit, that die did not open like I wanted it to for this box, but I'm sure you could make it work. 

Then I had a problem with the handle, but I finally got it together and was done with it about 2:00 am.  Are we crafters crazy or what?  Do you know of anyone else who would stay up late into the night or early morning, making something that is probably going to be thrown away anyways, but you have to get it done and will stay up all night til it is done and then have this great feeling of satisfaction that you can't go to sleep?  That was me! I was so excited about it and no one to share it with.  The funny thing, yall probably won't even think a thing about it or notice it or know all the work that went into, but that is what crafting is all about.  Well that is my opinion! 

Here is another view of the box and excuse the bad photography.  I took the pictures in the morning, but we had a rainstorm and it was cloudy.  I tried some lighting, but of course I was running late, so it was some quick pictures or no picutres.  I usually forget to take pictures. 



For some reason I cannot seem to post another picture.  So, I will try again later in a different post. 

No comments: