Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gingerbread Man Treat Holder

This is a 3D project I made with my Hostess Club last month.  It is so cute.  It holds a fun size candy bar.  Here are the dimensions.  Hope it makes sense.  Take a piece of 3"x4" cardstock and score it 3/4" all the way around.  Make a slit on the score line at each corner so that it will make into a box.  That is the piece that will hold the candy.  For the outer part, you will take a piece of 2 3/4 "x 8" piece and score it at 3 1/4" and at 4 3/4".  Take your box and glue inside the outer part and then decorate.  I used a piece of 2 1/2 x 3 piece of DSP and the gingerbread man from Scentsational Season.  I also put two little holes at the top for the bow and to hold the box together.  I know this may be hard to figure out, but I do not know how to put a diagram on here.  I guess i can try to make one and take a picture of it.  Then it might help you a little more. 


Here is a side view of the box.  Might make it a little easier to understand the dimensions.  I know someone must have come up with the idea, but not sure who?  I rec'd one at a swap and she did not say whose idea it was.  If someone knows, I would be happy to give that person the credit.  

                                           Happy Stamping!

No comments: